The immigrant Augusto Emílio Klimmek arrives in Brazil in the end of November, 1902, disembarking in Sao Francisco do Sul (SC) with a capital of 250 million réis (the currency used in Brazil until 1942). Augusto, his son Alfredo and his friend Germano Tempel found a factory of toothbrushes, nail brushes and combs named Klimmek & Cia. Ltd., in that city on July 1st, 1929. The following year, Augusto chooses the name “Condor”, dreaming of becoming a national company, distributing the company’s products throughout the country. In 1932, the company opens its own headquarters and facilities.